Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Power of Words


I believe that our words are powerful. I would like to share a recent experience. I was just finishing a long, tiresome, day at work. I was actually thinking to myself, "I could have stayed home and accomplished just as much." When, out of the blue, my mobile phone rang, and, on the other end, was a customer I had served a week previous. He was calling to thank me for helping his family with a need that they had. He thanked me for the card I had sent, thanking him, then told me that I had exceeded his expectations. I was floored. I do not share this experience to toot my horn. (Maybe a little....) I share this, because, this man taught me a valuable lesson. Until this point, in this day, I had accepted defeat.
 "The power of words is immense. A well-chosen word has often sufficed to stop a flying army, to change defeat into victory, and to save an empire." ~Emile De Girardin
 How many out there have felt this way? How many out there feel this way now? How have I used my words? Have I used them to lift another up; or to tear another down? These are questions that I have been asking myself since this experience. A kind word, given from the heart, is always well received. I hope that we all will take a few moments to think about how we use our words. Let us apply them to bettering another.
Finally, for you out there that may be feeling down, I leave an inspirational thought. In Japan, they have a wonderful saying. It has inspired me for nearly twelve years, and I would like to share it with you. “Even monkeys fall from trees.” Whatever has happened to you, whatever you may have done; accept it, learn from it, (don’t do it again), and get back up there and swing baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment